Wednesday, June 24, 2009

and he.....JUMPS!

Drew has been taking swimming lessons for the last two weeks. Last monday was very traumatic for both me and Drew. He cried and screamed my name the entire lesson. It was all I could do not to start crying myself...I really wanted to go get him.

The next day he cried when I put his bathing suit on.

Wednesday was a vast improvement...He went and sat with the group without crying...but I wouldn't say he was super happy about it.

By the end of the week he would walk over with me and sit on the step without calling my name.

This week he has turned in to a little fish!!!! He runs over to the steps on his own, and looks at the kids who are crying like they are crazy :) He is putting his head under water, kicking his legs, trying to use his arms and...HE JUMPS!!! This is a huge deal. He spent all of last week asking the lifeguards to toss him in because he was too afraid to jump. They would try to get him to jump on his own and I would see him shake his head and lift up his arms in preparation to be tossed.

Watching his confidence grow has been amazing. It is so fun to watch your kids learn new things. I love how excited he is afterwards when I talk about how proud I am of him :)

Look at that air!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Way to go DREW!!! :)

Kittie "Kat" said...

I'm so proud of him!!!

Sandra Bird said...

Great action shot! I knew he could do it. He just had to figure out that it was actually fun (...on his own...hmmm..wonder where he got that!)!!!