Sunday, May 9, 2010

Crying in Church?!?!

Chad asked me today when the last time was that I didn't cry in church. I couldn't remember...
For some reason church has been very emotional lately. A sweet story, a prayer request for a friend, communion, a song that my mom used to sing in church...it all gets me. It seems that as my children get older I become more emotional. I love watching them grow up!! It is more and more fun every day.

"Are those happy tissues or sad tissues??" ~Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

I suppose they are happy tissues. :)

I almost enjoy the emotional release...maybe it means that I am super spiritual! I doubt it...but I would like to think so....

I cried in church today when the preacher told a story about a teacher and how she had misjudged a student. Gosh!! How many times have I done that!? How many times have I let a student slip by? It makes my heart ache!!!! Which of my students now need me?? Truly need me?? Tomorrow I will watch them. I will make a conscience effort to see which students need a hug, a kind word, a compliment.

On a happier note...I had an awesome Mother's day!!! My babies are so sweet!!! We ate with family, tried to take naps (unsuccessfully), went to the pool, and had a family soccer game. Lorelei's now in bed, but Drew and I are snuggling and watching the Chipmunk movie. I am blessed!!!! Have a happy mother's day!!!!!! :)

3 comments:

Kittie "Kat" said...

So so SO sweet. I, too, am a "church cryer." You ARE blessed!!! WE are blessed! Love you so much!

Kittie "Kat" said...

Is it "cryer" or "crier" - or is there even such a word??

Kami Coursen said...

been there:)