Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Brannen Prosser

Welcome to the world David Brannen Prosser!!

Brannen entered the world at 3:58 on February 9, 2011. He weighed 9lbs 0oz and was 21.5 inches long. I was very ready to meet this sweet baby. We didn't find out what we were having so that made it even more exciting! :) I was determined not to get an epidural which made induction not a possibility unless I really had to. I knew I wouldn't be able to handle the contractions that come along with pitocin without an epidural. At 39 weeks I was still 2cm dilated...Dr. Hiller decided to help things along by stripping my membranes. I expected to go into labor that night. The next morning I woke up and realized I was NOT in labor. I was so disappointed. I sulked most of the morning at school...until right before lunch my water broke!!! My principal panicked. I think he was afraid I was going to drop the baby in my classroom. ;) My friend, Amy, drove me to the hospital to meet Chad and then she stayed with us during labor and sort of acted as my doula...helping me through contractions etc...

At 3:15 I started having contractions that were super painful and didn't ease off. At this point I turned to Chad and said that if it was going to go on like this for much longer I would have to have an epidural. Literally not two seconds later I announced, as I turned over and threw off the covers, that I HAD TO PUSH!!!! Dr. Hiller rushed in along with the nurses...I pushed three times and Brannen was HERE!!!

I wasn't crying in this picture. My face and eyes are so red from the intensity of the contractions and from pushing. I meant serious business!! :)



He has the signature McClain mouth...
In three years when someone asks me if this is Brannen or Lorelei I will have to look at the date to tell.


Family of 5!!! Whoa!



My sweet girl meeting Brannen for the first time. Drew wasn't interested in pictures. He was promised that he'd get to go to Susu's house and he was ready to go!



Sweet baby Brannen. He has been so sweet! He is so laid back and easy. What a sweet addition to our family :)


2 comments:

Kittie said...

Oh, thank you, thank you for the update! Yes, he is such a sweet addition! What a blessing!!

Kimi said...

wow she is beautiful! congratulations.