I love Baptisms...our church sings a really sweet song after the child is baptised. It has made me cry at both of my children's baptisms.
Being baptised is a really big deal for my family. My Grandmother made a baptismal gown for her children...each of them wore it then each of their children wore it. After each baptism Grandmom embroiders (by hand) the childs name, parent's names, baptism date and birthdate on the back. It is getting quite full....she has started to have to embroider on the front too. Here is a picture from the baptism...this is not a very good view of the dress...I will have to take some portraits of her in the gown.
This one of me and Erin gives you a better veiw of the gown.
6 comments:
Lorelei was a doll! I'm glad I got to see y'all...
On a different note, that picture may be the single most unflattering picture ever taken of me! I'm including middle school here... :)
Dude, seriously... Am I becoming a man?
And what's up with the triple chin?
So so sweet!
OK ~ First of all ~ Erin, you look GREAT!!!! Are you sure we're looking at the same picture?
Secondly, Jennifer, I'm LOVING your hair long!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't cut it!!!!!!!
And thirdly, The gown was beautiful, but the baby was more beautiful!
You look great, Jennifer! We have a similar tradition with our children's baptismal gowns. My mother made us each a baptismal gown. My children have all worn mine, and my mother has embroidered all the information from each one on it. A very special thing, for sure. What song does your church sing afterward? I am Jesus little Lamb? Jesus loves the little children?
Post a Comment