School has been a real struggle for me lately! The weather is beautiful, the yard looks great and my children LOVE to be outside! It hurts my heart to look outside while I'm teaching. All I can think about is how much I wish I was outside playing with Drew and Lorelei.
Drew likes to play with a bowl of water and cups outside...this brings back great memories for me. When I was little Mrs. Blanch, who lived in the connecting yard to my grandmother's, used to save all the old plastic food containers for me and her granddaughter to play with. We would fill them with water and pretent to cook. I have started letting Drew do this while I cook dinner. He can go out on the porch and play with the water while I cook and watch from the window and open door. I think he likes the freedom of being outside "by himself". It is really cute how he talks to himself while he's out there...I think he thinks I can't hear him :)
Lorelei likes nothing better than to play on a blanket and watch Drew. She instantly lights up when he is around. She also really likes the dogs and they seem to enjoy the attention.
Only FIVE more weeks of school and then my days will be filled with backyard playing, the pool and afternoon naps! What a schedule!!!
Drew seems to already have taken to the relaxed feel of a summer afternoon :)
4 comments:
That picture is very "Huck Finn!' I cannot wait to get there and watch him cook! I'll lie on the blanket with Lorelei.
Great idea with the water...I'll have to use that one! CANNOT wait for pool days!!!
I love that one of them!! Our babies are the cutest! :)
Making memories!!
Post a Comment