Sunday, August 24, 2008

Since Wednesday...

It all started on Wednesday! Katie (Michelle's new personal assistant...since she is home on maternity leave) called me at school at about 11 on Wednesday morning to let me know that I had a sick child. Of course I rushed around trying to get things ready to leave so that I could get to my him. There is nothing worse than wanting to be with your baby and being stuck somewhere else. Michelle said that he had been throwing up! He did not throw up again after about 8 that night but Chad stayed home with him on Thursday anyway...just to be safe. We took him back to Michelle's on Friday because it looked like we were in the clear.

Friday is a whole different story! At school we were under tornado WATCH because of hurricane Fay all day. We spent 3 hours in the hallway with the kids on the floor. They even had to eat lunch in the hall. The hall stunk and it was HOT! All the kids had just gotten back from PE and there is no AC in the halls (only classrooms). It was awful to say the least. We finally were able to go back to our wonderfully air conditioned rooms when I get another call that Drew is throwing up again...and it is even worse. He never threw up again but was very cranky. Because it was Friday (one day from grocery shopping day), we had no food in the house so Chad went and picked us up some food. While Chad was gone Drew decided he wanted to play baby. He has never done this before but I suppose he learned it from Keke. He kept calling the pig, "baby". First we had to "rock, rock" the baby. Then the baby needed a "bathies". We put the baby in the bath and pretended to scrub him. After the bath was over Drew said "diaper"...so we put a very large diaper on the baby. Once the diaper had been changed Drew said "bobble "(bottle) so we got the baby a bottle. When feeding time was over it was "night, night". This all came from Drew. He knows the routine very well! It was so cute. I love that he is pretending now.










The weekend has not gone much better. We went to snooky's on Saturday morning and by the time we got back I was throwing up! It was awful. This is my second time having a stomach virus this pregnancy...not counting the morning sickness. I called Sandi to let her know that we would not be attending poor Lil's 1st birthday and made the comment that Chad would bring over Drew "because he never gets stomach viruses!". Why would I say such a thing?!?! Guess what...about twenty minutes later Chad went to take a shower and threw up all over the bathroom. Kittie came and got Drew so the two of us could recover and brought him back at bedtime. It was a huge help!





Today Drew and I are doing fine. I have spent the day cleaning...trying to disinfect everything we own. Chad is still recovering. He has been napping some and trying to keep down liquids. Right now he napping on the smallest piece of furniture we own. It looked so ridiculous I had to snap a picture. I swear he slept like this for at least and hour and a half!

Please pray that we are done with this virus! ughh..it has been awful! But, I think we are on the road to recovery :)




5 comments:

Katie said...

Kennedy has taught Drew well! And she says it is ok to use a pig as a baby, she was using a bunny as one this morning! He is getting ready for that little sis! Sorry about the virus...next time we will try to keep it to ourselves!

Sandra Bird said...

Those are the sweetest pictures feeding the pig! He will be a good Daddy one day. I can just imagine him trying to feed Lorelei. Is he going to understand that she drinks from HIS Mommy?! Hmmm--better get ready! Maybe he can help Daddy or Michelle with the bottles when you are not around.

Glad you are all feeling better. Maybe you are done with this virus for good now and can start your birthday par-tee planning!

Sarah said...

Bless your heart! I sure hope you guys are over the bug!

The Babbs said...

Awe, sorry to hear you all were sick and are dealing with "Fay" on top of that! Hope this week is better...
Love from Raleigh,
D (N and T)

Kittie "Kat" said...

Even the 2 pictures of them sleeping on the sofas are strangely similar.