Chad and I went to the hospital at 5:00 am, my water was broken at 8:00...I had my epidural shortly after and the induction had begun. When Dr. Hiller broke my water he said that I was still 2 cm...this did not give me great hope that this was going to go quickly. At 10:30 I was feeling a lot of pressure and pain (the epidural only took on my right side) so I asked to be checked. At that point I was 6 cm and fully effaced. It was only minutes after this that I asked my mom and Miss Kittie to leave because I was really not feeling good. After they left I told Chad that I wanted to push...he said not to :) Mrs. Becky, my nurse, came back in to check me and I was fully dilated. She told me to wait for Dr. Hiller as I begged to push. I didn't have this urge with Drew...I suppose that only having an epidural on one side made this sensation so intense. Once Dr. Hiller arrived I pushed for 5 - 7 minutes and Lorelei was HERE!
Drew got to meet his new sister that afternoon. Chad picked him up from Michelle's brought him to the hospital. He was SOOO sweet with her. He kissed her toes, gave her one of the books that we gave him and smothered her with kisses.
4 comments:
I absolutely LOVE the last picture! She is precious!
Congrats, Jen! I am so happy that your labor and delivery went so well. Lorelei is just beautiful!
She is beautiful! I am so happy everything went smoothly. Congratulations:)
She's beautiful! We're going to give you guys a few days for things to calm down, then we want to meet Lorelei!
Post a Comment