So...I am 24 weeks pregnant and officially weigh way too close to what I weighed when I DELIVERED Drew! Not only is my weight out of control but my belly is the size that it was when Drew was born. I think it is true that girls are not as nice to you as boys. With Drew I was able to wear my rings the entire pregnancy and my only complaint was at 36 weeks and it was that he felt like he was going to come out of my belly button...and that was because I was too stupid to know that I was in labor. I am already swelling at the end of the day. This is new to me...I never swelled with Drew. I thought all those women who complained about swelling and being uncomfortable were just a bunch of pansies! Well...you got me! I now understand.
It boggles my mind that I am gaining weight so fast. I am eating less than I ate last time and eating much, much healthier. With my first pregnancy my diet mostly consisted of peanut butter cup blizzards. I don't really exercise but I do chase an almost-two-year-old all day. With Drew my big agenda for the day was to make sure that I got in at least two naps and half a pound cake. I guess I can only hope that much of this weight is from water retention and that the growth of my belly just means she is a healthy girl.
Although is seems that I am being a big whiner, I really am still enjoying the miracle of pregnancy. I am still fascinated by feeling and watching her move. I love that it is my own little secret. At school I sit in meetings and enjoy feeling her bounce around...it keeps me busy when I get bored :) With this probably being my last pregnancy (unless I can sneak an extra one in on Chad :) I am trying to enjoy and remember every second. I know that the aches and pains will truly be worth it!! I look at Drew and know that I would have gone through anything for him and I am sure it is the same for Lorelei :)
5 comments:
You look great! No worries - weight can be lost later!
I think you look fabulous and healthy..and gloriously pregnant!
You look great in that tiny t-shirt that shows your belly!:) You keep telling yourself it is water weight....dr. h will tell you that too! You'll find out after it is all over if it was! :) Eat a blizzard and don't you worry about it!
I'm with Katie...more BLIZZARDS! If you can't eat them now, when can you! You look fabulous!
Ugh I hear you girl. I went to 40 weeks or almost depending on how you count with Emily and man was I uncomfortable. You look good though.
Post a Comment