Friday, July 11, 2008

New Words!!!

Recently Drew's vocabulary has exploded. He does not always know the names for things but he can almost always repeat the word after us.

Here are some words/phrases that he uses on his own:
1. moo
2. tweet, tweet
3. meow
4. eee, eee, ahh, ahh (monkey)
5. hop, hop (bunny --there are hand motions too!)
6. woof, woof
7. quack, quack
8. up
9. eat
10. all done
11. hot dog
12. please
13. thank you
14. no
15. swing
16. slide
17. outside
18. lotion
19. bubbles
20. mommy
21. daddy
22. Kit Kat
23. Kitty Cat
24. Dadoo
25. Unc Drew
26. Ke Ke
27. Lilly
28. milk
29. water
30. pool
31. high five!!
32. Why (in regards to Super Why)
33. night, night
34. thunder
35. shoes
36. ball
37. tractor
38. diaper
39. cheese (regarding food and picture taking)
40. apple
41. grapes
42. pancake
43. beach
44. Riley
45. Addie
46. go (usually accompanied by an animal's name i.e "go Riley, go" or "go Kitty Cat, go"
47. go away
48. cracker
49. SuSu
50. box
51. Lucy
52. ouch
53. ear
54. eye
55. nose
56. more
57. hat
58. wipes
59. splash, splash
60. bye, bye
61. hello
62. raisin
63. fish
63. tee -tee
64. flush
65. poopie
66. home
67. Grandmom (ma'am maw)


That is all I can think of for right now...but I can't believe how many words he has learned in such a short time. It has probably been in the last three weeks that he could say things other than animal sounds. I will add to it as I think of some more.

8 comments:

Kittie "Kat" said...

A few more: "twactor" when he wants to sit on the lawn mower. "box" when he wants to go check to see if we have mail. "Annie" to go with Unc Drew and Andrea. And "ucy" for Lucy. And of course "U Su" for SuSu. You left off Mommy and Daddy ~ he says those A LOT!!!!

Jennifer :) said...

I did not leave off mommy, daddy or tractor..they are numbers 20, 21 and 37

Jennifer :) said...

oh and "Andrea" doesn't count because he only says that if you say it first. He has to say it on his own..without prompting.

Kittie "Kat" said...

oops! My mistake! (I know that hardly EVER happens!) But he says mommy and daddy so much that it doesn't hurt to list them twice.

Kittie "Kat" said...

I tho't of 2 more ~ "teetee" and "flush"

Sandra Bird said...

So...I guess the "Grandma" we all three heard when I was there does not count--yet. I can't wait until I finally make the list. I will have to work on that again when I get there.

Sandi said...

He said grass when he was over here yesterday...

Sarah said...

OK, so I had stopped checking your blog because you quit posting after Easter! I'm so glad you're back! I'll start looking again!

He has a great vocab!